Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DAY 29

Today I did what it takes to become one of the best. After a terrible day at 5/10 NL the other day, I became flustered. I think at this point, the majority would of kept losing more at 5/10 due to lack of confidence/tilt, or moved up to 10/20 or 25/50 to try to "chase losses". I, on the other hand, felt the smartest thing possible was to simply move back down to 2/4 NL.

2/4 NL just seems so much easier to me at this moment. Sure, I had my fair share of bad beats tonight, but there's such a large amount of shitty players who will pay you off large amounts of money with them holding pretty weak hands. So you just gotta take advantage of it. The results prove that I didn't win big or anything tonight, but what they don't prove is that I gained a ton of confidence back.

5/10 NL is so much harder. I really don't feel like I'm ready for that game. You gotta be almost "dead-on" or "perfect" with your bets in order to stack players. You just gotta "know" how to handle situations when you flop huge hands. Gotta be able to disguise well. Which I can do decently, but w/e. enough of that BS.

In closing, I plan on staying at 2/4 NL for awhile. Maybe as much as 20k-30k hands at this level. I think I could make around 10k if I do 25k hands at 2/4 NL. we'll see. I'll continue to play MTT's whenever time allows, so I never know when I'll score nicely in one of those.

Poker is a crazy games, filled with a ton of loopholes and obstacles. Learn to never get "down" about losing money you've won. I mean, if it wasn't for poker, you wouldn't have it anyways. Realize, that if everyone won, all the time, poker wouldn't exist. OBV.....

k enough of my BS'n for the night, later.

Amount Won Today: +239

Total Amount Won: 17813

I need: 32187

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home