Sunday, August 13, 2006

aruba!

Well I'm sorta on top of the world in my poker career right about now. Last night I finished top 10 in the 1k super mega satty for aruba. I qaulifed for this event through the 100 dollar buyin. So, yeah, I'll be enjoying the scenes of Aruba! It's really an AMAZING feeling to get after winning a satellite like this. No other feelings really matched how I felt last night. It was just an incredible experience. On top of that, I felt I Played the BEST mtt poker in my entire career. Usually when I place good in MTT's, I just have a big enough stack that I can cruise to the final table. Last night, there was none of that; for really nobody. Everyone from about 40 out was fairly even in chips. EVERYONE had to play perfect poker or you just had no chance. There was absolutly no 'cruise control' winners. You had to steal in position, reshove from blinds when you thought button or cutoff were stealing. You just had to play smart and accordingly to your M factor. M is something I use a lot in situations like this. I think it's even more valuble on UB cause I feel they have by far the best structure that matches skill. On pokerstars, it's way more of a 'krapshoot', but on UB I feel the 'skilled' players will prevail most of the time.

Anyways, I was doing the challenge. However, I went on about a 12,000 dollar downswing that hurt so bad. I just had no desire to update my challenge. However, I'm still keeping track of my BR and stuff, and I'm on about a 6-7k upswing at 2/4 NL. (I took a few days off and stepped back down to 2/4 NL. Havne't had the desire to step back in 5/10 NL. Who knows, maybe I never will. I'm really satisfied with what i can make at 2/4 NL. 30k hands and I"m running at 7 bb/100 for that level. That's good money IMO).

So anyways, if I feel like I have a legitimate shot to reach my goal, I may start blogging it and count the days back until now, and go from there. I'm just so pumped right now that it's hard to describe in words. Also, if I count this 10k package as part of my BR it's the highest my BR has ever been in my history of poker. So things are really on the up, up for me which is AWESOME! Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home