Sunday, October 15, 2006

New Challenge!

setting goals is very important folks. the whole summer I had this goal to make 50k in 100 days. I kinda gave up on it but I got to like 40k after like 68 days and had a bad run, and sorta forgot to keep blogging. Anyways, that's not the point.

The point is that, everytime I played, I thought about not disappointing my readers. therefore, I never played over my bankroll. I always contained myself in the limits my bankroll could handle. And I wrote about my day daily.

well lately, I've found myself being stupid. I've cashed out a ton of money, partly because of the ban on poker, and kept like 6k in there. Then the other day, I decided to 12 table 1/2 NL. I went on tilt. So I said screew it, time for some 5/10!! but, if I had a goal set, that would of never happend.

so to make a long story short, my BR online fell to about 1800. I was going to cash out via check, since firepay dont work, and I don't have neteller. But, I didn't, because I knew sooner or later I'd want to play again. and it would be a bitch gettin money back on stars. so i took a day off, came back. and now my bankroll is back up to 3300 or so.

so i'm gonna introduce my new goal. I'm not gonna make it too drastic. i'm gonna make it something i think I can acheive given that I Can't play as much poker due to college. i'm gonna make 20k in 100 days. I sure as hell hope I can get it before 100 days, but I don't wanna pressure myself and play bad like muddy does when he sets goals.

so yea I think this will help get my game back on track. I've been a breakeven/losing player ever since the beginning of september basically. hopefully i can start making some "new" money instead of the "recycled" shit.

so, you can exppect to see me at the pokerstars 1/2 NL until I have obtained a bankroll of 8k or so. hopefully I survive 1/2 NL with only 16.5 buyins. I thikn I can because the 1/2 NL games are extrememly tight and not aggressive at all, as opposed to the 2/4 NL games, thus reducing variance, imo.

tonight, I played over my bankroll and won at 2/4 NL and 1/2 NL.

I think I will inclue today's results in my first day of this challenge to give me a little confidence boost. thanks and I hope you enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home